It is no secret—you're a witch. Or at least a budding one. That's why you're here, right? The lure of magic and the metaphysical has called out to you since you were a child. Even when others dismissed the notion of magic as a figment of the imagination, you've never doubted that there are enchantments all around us: in the Arts, in nature, and in intention.
Writing is one of the most effective and simplest ways to draw strength through the evocative energies of raw emotion. Communication, in both the written and spoken word, is exponentially powerful. A quick free write in the morning (or whenever your creative energies are at their peak) is the perfect way to set intentions for your day.
This being said, here are five journaling prompts to help inspire ideas for your newest incantations, writing or painting projects, and any other illumination your creative, spooky endeavors may require.
1. What is your favorite flower or plant in nature, and what is it's magical correspondence? Where in the world is it grown, and how has it been used medicinally by our ancestors? Is it safe to consume orally? How can it be used to heal?
2. What is one wish you have for your future? What does five years down the road look like to you? What does it smell, feel, taste, and sound like? Describe it in detail, from your first perspective. Now, at the bottom of the page, describe one short term goal, and one long term goal that you intend put into motion in order to attain that future.
3. Name an ancestor who has left this earthly realm, whom you admire and would like to emulate. What qualities in them do you think you currently have in common? Which shared traits within yourself would you like to change (if any), and which would you like to carry on to the next generation?
4. As we witches know, the notions of good and bad merely social constructs. But, if you were caught up in the Salem witch trials... what "crimes" would they have arrested you upon?
5. If you were an ancient librarian, what types of works and manuscripts would one find in your collection? Ones on astrology and planetary alignment? Books on Zoology, perhaps golden-leaf beastiaries? A few stolen grimoires and Books of Shadow?
Feel free to share your prompt answers with us, and please tag us if you choose to post. We are eager to hear what you have to say.
Also, the forest spirits have been whispering—rumour has it that the Parliament Press witches are hard at work in the office to bring us all a fabulous book writing journal. Stay tuned for more...
As always, happy casting, and have a marvelous Wednesday.
The Attic Witch